- 1. Common Service Standards
- 2. Assessment for Skilled Migration
- 3. Assessment for Employer Sponsorship
VisAustralia offers an independent Legal Consultation for people wishing to migrate to Australia. The purpose of the Legal Consultation is to develop a strategic immigration solution that best suits your intentions.
The Consultation is personal and delivered by an experienced lawyer or migration agent. The Consultation will be in person in one of our offices, by video conference if you have an Internet connection, or by telephone.
The Consultation costs AUD $ 200 payable by credit card through the secure payment system in the VisAustralia Client Centre.
The following service standards are common to all Consultations:
- A personal consultancy of up to 60 minutes with your migration agent;
- Depending on the complexity of your visa situation, 30 minutes of legal research following the interview;
- A formal written opinion taking into account your circumstances and outlining your best visa strategy under current law;
- The preparation of a personalised formal quote taking into account the total cost of applying for your visa including all relevant fees and charges; and
- Formal answers to one set of your follow up questions.
The Legal Consultation for Skilled Migration is specific. During the Consultation your migration agent will complete the following tasks with you:
- Review your qualifications and work experience and establish your best visa occupation;
- Review the Australian states offering the best nomination opportunities;
- Review whether your level of English is sufficient to meet the visa rules;
- Identify any critical visa time periods that might apply to your case;
- Confirm the eligibility of your family members;
- Identify any potential health or character issues;
- Explain the relationship between studying in Australia and applying for permanent residence;
- Explain how you can combine an application for a Student Work visa with an application for a permanent skilled visa;
- Explain the process of applying for the visa, the timeframes, and how much it costs; and
- Answer your questions about Australia and the visa process.
At the conclusion of the Consultation you will know the prospects of success of your visa application, and will receive a written confirmation of your assessment along with a full quote.
Many Australian employers are willing to sponsor overseas workers but are unsure how the sponsorship process works. If you have an employer willing to sponsor you, or are an employer unsure of the sponsorship process, this service is designed for you.
In addition to the Common Services Standards your migration agent will:
- Assess the applicant's qualifications and work history and determine whether he or she is eligible for a temporary or permanent visa;
- Assess whether the company is able to be a sponsor;
- Explain to the employer what it needs to do to sponsor an overseas worker.
At the conclusion of the Consultation you will have sufficient information to decide whether to apply for an Employer Sponsored visa.
To discover whether you are eligible for a visa that will allow you to migrate to Australia, we invite you to book a Consultation with one of our expert migration agents.