Global Talent Visa Program
To be granted a visa under the Global Talent Visa Program, you need to be highly skilled in one of the 7 target sectors. You will also be able to attract a salary that meets the high income threshold.
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- Energy and Mining Technology
- Cyber Security
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT
To be eligible to apply for the Global Talent Visa Program under the Distinguished Talent visa, individuals must:
- prove they are internationally recognised with evidence of outstanding achievements
still be prominent in their field of expertise
- provide evidence that they would be an asset to Australia, in their area of expertise
- have no difficulty obtaining employment in Australia or becoming established in their field
- have a recognised organisation or individual in Australia nominate them as global talent, in the same field as the applicant
- Candidates must meet a high standard and show an exceptional track record of professional achievement. This may include senior roles, patents, professional awards and international publications and memberships.
Places are also available to PhD graduates, and certain PhD students who are nearing completion of their thesis and can demonstrate their exceptional talent and international recognition in a target sector.
High income threshold:
Candidates should have the ability to attract a salary at or above the Fair Work high income threshold of AUD153,600. This figure is adjusted annually on 1 July.
In assessing this, we will consider:
- current salary shown through payslips or a contract, or
- future job offers outlining remuneration, or
- recent PhD graduates in the target sectors.
For more information visit: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au
To discover whether you are eligible for Global Talent visa, we invite you to book a consultation with one of our expert migration lawyers.
Global visa processing times are updated monthly to provide you with an indicative time frame for processing applications.
The visa costs $4,110 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- Dependent (under 18 years old) – $1,030
- Dependent (over 18 years old) – $2,055