Global Talent Visa Program
To be granted a visa under the Global Talent Visa Program, you need to be highly skilled in one of the following 10 target sectors. You also need to attract a salary that meets the high income threshold and be nominated by an Australian organisation.
- Agri-food and AgTech;
- Defence, Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- Financial Services and FinTech
- Resources and Mining Technology
- Health Industries and MedTech
- Infrastructure and Tourism
- Circular Economy and Sustainable Practices
- Digital Technology
To be eligible for the Global Talent Visa Program you must:
- prove you are internationally recognised with evidence of outstanding achievements and still be prominent in your field of expertise;
- provide evidence you would be an asset to Australia, in your area of expertise;
- have no difficulty obtaining employment in Australia or becoming established in your field;
- have a recognised Australian based organisation or individual in your field nominate you as global talent;
- show an exceptional track record of professional achievement. This may include senior roles, patents, professional awards and international publications and memberships.
- current salary shown through payslips or a contract; or
- future job offers outlining remuneration; or
- whether you are a recent PhD graduate in ta target sector.
Places may also be available to PhD graduates, and certain PhD students who are nearing completion of your thesis if you can demonstrate your exceptional talent and international recognition in a target sector.
High income threshold:
Candidates must have the ability to attract a salary of at least AUD $153,600. This figure is adjusted annually on 1 July.
In assessing this, the Australian Government will consider:
For more information about this visa visit: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au
Global visa processing times are updated monthly by the Australian Government.
In our experience, these visas can be processed very quickly.
The visa costs $4,110 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- Dependent (under 18 years old) – $1,030
- Dependent (over 18 years old) – $2,055
For more information on the full cost of applying for this visa please contact VisAustralia.