Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408)
Who can apply for this visa
You can apply for this visa if you:
- intend to stay in Australia for more than three months and have an Australian sponsor for your activity;
- meet the requirements of the activity type in which you are applying for this visa;
- have adequate funds for you and your family while you are in Australia. This can include payment arrangements for your Australian work;
- have adequate arrangements for health insurance while you are in Australia;
- meet health and character requirements;
- genuinely intend to remain temporarily in Australia to do the work or activity specified in your application.
To discover whether you are eligible for a Temporary Activity visa, we invite you to book a consultation with one of our expert migration lawyers.
When the visa is granted, it will have certain conditions attached to it. Amongst others, the following conditions will apply:
- your work/activities must be restricted to those indicated in the application;
- maintain adequate health insurance for the full duration of stay in Australia (for primary visa holder as well as any secondary applicants). Health insurance must be obtained in order to be granted this visa;
- maintain adequate means of financial support for the full duration of stay in Australia.
- have the skills to undertake the activity to be carried out in Australia;
- be supported or sponsored by an Australian organisation or business;
- meet additional requirements of the relevant visa stream.
Processing times are not available for this visa.
The visa costs AUD$310 for the main applicant. There is no cost if you are applying for a COVID-19 Pandemic visa.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
To work out how much your visa might cost use the Visa pricing estimator.
The estimator does not include other costs including police certificates, health checks, biometrics, and the professional fees of an immigration lawyer/agent.