Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408)
Who could get this visa
You might be able to get this visa if you:
- intend to stay in Australia for more than three months and you are sponsored by an approved sponsor for this visa who passes the sponsorship test
- meet the requirements of the activity type in which you are applying for this visa
- have adequate financial support for you and your family while you are in Australia
- have adequate arrangements for health insurance while you are in Australia
- meet health and character requirements
- genuinely intend to remain temporarily in Australia to do the work or activity specified in your application
To discover whether you are eligible for a Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408), we invite you to book a consultation with one of our expert migration lawyers.
Once the visa is granted, the visa holder should carefully read all conditions attached to it as advised in the letter of approval. Amongst others, the following conditions will apply:
- work/activities undertaken restricted to that what was specified in the application
- maintain adequate health insurance for the full duration of stay in Australia (for primary visa holder as well as any secondary applicants). Health insurance must be obtained in order to be granted this visa
- maintain adequate means of financial support for the full duration of stay in Australia
- have the skills to undertake the activity to be carried out in Australia
- be supported or sponsored
- meet additional requirements of the relevant stream
Processing times are not available for this visa.
The visa costs AUD$310 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
To work out how much your visa might cost use the Visa pricing estimator.
The estimator does not consider other costs you might also have to pay such as those for police certificates, health checks, biometrics, and professional fees to get assistance with the visa application process from an immigration lawyer/agent.