Training visa (407)
With this visa, you can visit Australia to complete a workplace-based training (to improve your skills for your current occupation, area of tertiary study or field of expertise), or a professional development training program.
This visa allows people to take part in workplace-based training to improve their skills for their job, area of tertiary study, field of expertise or in a professional development training program in Australia.
Nomination requirements are different depending on the purpose or type of training.
There are 3 types of occupational training covered by this visa:
- Occupational training required for registration
- Occupational training to improve skills in an eligible occupation
- Occupational training for capacity building overseas. This includes overseas qualification, government support or professional.
- Nomination is the stage where the sponsor provides details about the nominee (intended trainee), the purpose or type of training and how and where the training will be provided.
- Have an approved sponsor.
- Usually, you must be 18 years old or older at the time we decide your visa application.
- You must have functional English.
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused.
- 75% of applications: 13 months
- 90% of applications: 14 months
The visa costs AUD$AUD310 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.