Training visa (407)
With this visa, you can visit or remain in Australia for up to two years to complete a workplace-based training program. There are three types of occupational training program covered by the visa:
- Occupational training for trade or technical licensing;
- Occupational training to improve skills in an eligible occupation;
- Occupational training for capacity building overseas including government or overseas university supported training programs.
Nomination requires the employer to present a structured training plan including the details of the applicant, the purpose or type of training, and how and where the training will be provided. VisAustralia can assist you develop the training program.
To be eligible for this visa you must meet the following requirements. You must:
- have an approved sponsor;
- be nominated under a formal workplace based training plan;
- be 18 years old or older;
- have functional English;
- have health insurance and adequate means of financial support;
- not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused.
On applying for the visa from within Australia you will receive a bridging visa that allows you to remain in Australia while the Subclass 407 visa is processed. Current processing times are as follows:
- 75% of applications: 13 months
- 90% of applications: 14 months
Processing times are variable and within the exclusive control of the Australian Government.
The visa costs AUD$AUD310 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
For more information about visa costs including medical exams, police clearances, agent / lawyer fees, and other ancillary costs please contact VisAustralia.