Medical Treatment visa (subclass 602)
Medical reasons to apply for MTV
- to receive medical consultation and/or treatment
- to donate an organ
- to accompany a person in a situation above
- to be medically evacuated* to or receive medical treatment in Queensland (if a Western Province PNG citizen)
- over 50 years of age and are unfit to depart Australia.
To be eligible for this visa, applicants must:
- be after eligible medical treatment
- have adequate personal funds
- be a genuine visitor
- meet health and character requirements including not having a medical condition that could be a threat to public health
- meet financial requirements.Applicants must be able to show that they have enough money to pay for their treatment and other expenses related to their stay in Australia including travel. If the applicant has anyone coming with them on the visa, they must also be able to show that they can support their stay in Australia.
To discover whether you are eligible for a Medical Treatment visa (subclass 602), we invite you to book a consultation with one of our expert migration lawyers.
Processing times are indicative only and may vary depending on individual circumstances or government policy. The latest processing times published by the Department of Home Affairs are as follows:
- 75% of applications: 35 days
- 90% of applications: 59 days
The visa is free for applicants who apply from outside Australia or represent a foreign government.
The visa costs AUD$315 for applicants who apply from within Australia.
You might have to pay for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
To work out how much your visa might cost use the Visa pricing estimator.
The estimator does not consider other costs such as the ones mentioned above and fees to get assistance with the visa application process from an immigration lawyer/agent.