Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
The Subclass 190 visa is a points-tested permanent visa for skilled workers who have an occupation in demand in Australia and who are nominated by a state or territory government.
With this visa you can
- stay in Australia permanently;
- work and study in Australia;
- enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare;
- sponsor your relatives to come to Australia;
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years;
- apply for Australian citizenship after living in Australia for four years.
You may be able to apply for a Subclass 190 visa if you meet the following requirements::
- You must be under 45 when you receive an invitation to apply;
- You must have an occupation on any of the visa occupation lists;
- You must have a positive skills assessment for the occupation;
- You must score 65 points on the visa points test;
- You must be nominated by a state or territory government agency;
- You must provide evidence of at least competent English;
- You must meet the health and character requirements.
Processing times are indicative only and may vary depending on individual circumstances or government policy. The latest processing times published by the Department of Home Affairs are as follows:
- 75% of applications: 6 months
- 90% of applications: 10 months
The visa costs AUD$4,115 for the main applicant. There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you:
- Partner/spouse or additional applicant 18 years old or older: AUD$2,055
- Children under 18: AUD$1,030
To verify the cost of your visa please use the Visa Pricing Estimator.
Adults over 18 years old who have less than functional English will need to pay an additional fee for English classes after arriving in Australia. The second instalment charge for family members is AUD$4,885.
The Visa Pricing Estimator does not include the cost of applying for accreditation, English exams, translations, state nomination, police certificates, health checks, or professional fees associated with making your application.